Believing Him for more than I can imagine!

My photo
Santa Rosa, Ca., United States
"Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God" 2 Corinthians 5:18-20

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Children!

Its all Mary's fault! I dont really know what I'm doing nor do I know how to blog really. But it seems fun and down right thereputic! So I am attempting it for the first time. I guess you kinda need a topic, I have decided it should be "Children" Adult children and those young enough to think that saying "Mommy pulled a hair out of her chin this morning!" like it's the coolest thing they have ever seen, is OK to say in public.
I have two grown(well they think they are grown!) children and two small children. I have found over the years that the challenges of Motherhood dont always get easier as we would like to think with age. I have just learned that I have a very BIG God that loves my children more than I ever could and that PRAYER is MANDITORY, if you plan on surviving teen years, broken bones from trying that new bike over a VERY big jump, football, girlfriends, boyfriends,acne, hormones,and everything that comes before or after!
I sometimes joke with friends that God gave us Husbands and children to teach us how to pray and stay at His feet as to find strength and mercy. And we do need all the mercy we can get, we make mistakes, speak out of emotion sometimes instead of patience. And often wonder how our mothers ever let us live past the age of 8!
Maybe they knew what I've been learning. God is bigger than anything that I am. He is God. I am very small. And If I believe He is who He say's He is and I am who He says I am. Then He's got it all in the palm of His very capable hands. I can find rest in knowing that. And peace like a river when the bath tub overflows into the hallway because I was cooking dinner and trying to give the kids a bath at the same time as vacuming! Praise GOD!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You bless my socks off, sweetie! I'm already lovin your blog and I'll read it everyday.

    ReplyDelete

another little piece of my heart ...