Believing Him for more than I can imagine!

My photo
Santa Rosa, Ca., United States
"Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God" 2 Corinthians 5:18-20

Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Mom!

My Mom is and has been the most powerful influence in my life. She is the first one to show and teach me of Gods love for me by being Jesus with skin on for so many, dare I say everyone she has ever come in contact with. I love her beyond words. A couple of years ago I wrote a letter about her and would like to share it with you. I thank God for her and for choosing her as my mother, just another example of how GOOD He is!!!!!




The Greatest Love She’s Known.

I remember as a child watching them together,
Spending time talking and just being together.
I would watch as He wrapped His loving arms around her.
And whisper gently that He loved her and that everything would be okay,
As long as she was with Him.
The older I grew I watched as their relationship grew.
When life was too much and she grew weary,
I watched as she ran to Him.
They would spend hours together,
She would tell him her fears, her hopes and dreams.
He would wrap His arms around her,
Tell her He loved her
That there was nothing she could do to change His love for her.
And she believed Him.
I watched as she spent her days with Him at the front of her mind
Never wanting to do anything that would come between them.
And at times when she would stumble in life,
He was right there holding her as she cried.
Telling her that He loved her more than the stars in the sky
More than the sand on the shores.
I watched Her talk of Him to everyone who would listen,
Even those who wouldn’t or couldn’t understand His love for her.
She wanted everyone to have a love like theirs.
And He was always there by her side, loving her in a way
That at times I just couldn’t understand.
When I was a teen I watched as she took care of our father
Who was dying of cancer.
And in those times of unbearable sadness
He was still there, wrapping His arms around her
Telling her he loved her, and that with Him
Everything would be okay.
Later in life as her body began its own battle with cancer
I watched her run to Him. He told her not to fear,
That He was with her and that His love for her had never changed,
That He would never leave her.
And again she believed Him.


He has been her comforter when storms would rage,
Her warrior when her life was threatened by illness
He is her councelor when she has questions that have no answers.
He is her physician
Her provider
Her king

And one day as she kneels before His Throne
His voice saying, "well done,... come see what I've prepared for you."
He’ll wrap His loving arms around her and she’ll smile
Looking finally into the face,
Of the greatest love she’s ever known.

1 comment:

another little piece of my heart ...